March for Life
Protecting innocent human life from conception to natural death…no exceptions!
572 W Market St #2 Akron, OH
+1 (330) 762-2785
March for Life
Right to Life of Northeast Ohio will be hosting a one day bus trip to Washington, DC for the 2019 March for Life.
Our tentative schedule is as follows:
- Depart Akron at 12:00am, January 18, 2019. Parking is available in the Tangiers parking deck at 532 West Market in Akron. The bus will leave from in front of Tangiers.
- Arrive in Washington DC, approximately 8am at DAR Constitution Hall for annual National Prayer Service.
- There will probably be two rest stops on the trip from Akron to Washington. The second stop will be a breakfast stop; breakfast is at your expense.
- The annual National Prayer service is from 8:30am-10:30am, hosted by Priests for Life featuring Fr. Frank Pavone and other major speakers. The bus will drop us off at this location which is just a few blocks from the Washington Monument. If you choose not to attend the prayer service, maps of the National Mall will be provided if you would like to explore the area on your own before the start of the March for Life rally.
- March for Life Rally: 11:30am The rally takes place near the Washington Monument. We will indicate a meeting place on the map for you to meet up with the group for the rally.
- March for Life begins at 1pm. We will march down Constitution Avenue from the Washington Monument to the Supreme Court (approximately 2.1 miles). Depending on how long the march takes (previous marchers know that sometimes there are interminable delays!), we may be attending a reception either at the U.S. Capitol or at a congressional or senate office.
- Depart Washington DC at approximately 5:30 PM
- There will probably be two rest stops on the trip from Washington to Akron. The first stop will be a dinner stop; dinner is at your expense.
- Return to Akron (Tangiers parking deck) at approximately 1am on January 19.
- All times are approximate. More details will be available closer to the event
- We will provide signs to carry for the march.
- We will also provide a box lunch (in a bag!) that you will take with you when you leave the bus in Washington.
- We cannot take unaccompanied minors on this trip. Any minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Dress appropriately! We never know how warm or cold the weather may be! Keep in mind that if you plan on going into any of the federal buildings, you must go through security. It is recommended NOT to take back packs or large bags of any kind because they will be searched and hold up the line.
Cost of trip: $50.00 per person
At this time, we have scheduled only one bus. To register and pay in full for the trip, CLICK HERE.
To reserve your seat with a $25 deposit only, call our office at 330-762-2785, or e-mail March2019@rtlofneo.com. Balance is due by January 5, 2019.
To view more information about the March for Life and rally, click here.
To view more information about the National Prayer Service, click here.
Registration is now closed. If you are still interested in taking part in this event, please call our office at 330-762-2785 to check for seat availability.
Want to stay informed? Sign up to receive our action alerts and e-mails!