TAKE ACTION NOW!
Right to Life of Northeast Ohio has joined the Pro-Life Court Coalition to enourage our legislators to confirm the nomination of Judge Neil Gorsuch to the U.S. Supreme Court. Thank you to our friends at the Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) and other members of the Pro-Life Court Coalition for providing the information below:
In nominating Judge Neil Gorsuch, President Trump has kept his promise to nominate only pro-life judges to the Supreme Court. Judge Neil Gorsuch is an exceptional choice to carry on the legacy of the late Antonin Scalia on the Supreme Court. He has a stellar record on religious liberty and has written about the value of human life. But in order to get Neil Gorsuch on the Supreme Court, he must first be approved by the U.S. Senate, and pro-abortion Senators are already planning a filibuster.
Judge Gorsuch has a strong record of protecting life and religious liberty:
- Gorsuch wrote a book called “The Future of Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia.” He argues in the book that “human life is fundamentally and inherently valuable” and that “the intentional taking of human life by private persons is always wrong.”
- Gorsuch sided with Hobby Lobby in holding that Obamacare’s abortifacient mandate violates the religious beliefs of closely-held corporations.
- Gorsuch also sided with the Little Sisters of the Poor, defending the rights of nuns not to be forced to pay for abortion-inducing drugs in their health care plans.
- Gorsuch forcefully dissented from a case in which the Tenth Circuit sided with Planned Parenthood and refused to allow the Governor of Utah to defund the abortion business in wake of videos showing its involvement in the selling of baby body parts.
We cannot allow pro-abortion Senators to filibuster this immensely qualified nominee. After all, the voters spoke out loud and clear on Election Day that they wanted Donald Trump to fill the Scalia seat. In fact, exit polling has shown that for 21 percent of voters, the Supreme Court vacancy was the MOST important issue. And Donald Trump won those voters by a 15% margin.
CLICK HERE to send a message to our senate that you want them to confirm Judge Gorsuch to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Tell our legislators:
It’s time to Defund Planned Parenthood.
Planned Parenthood is America’s largest abortion business, committing 1/3 of all abortions. But did you know that they currently receive over half a BILLION of our taxpayer dollars every single year? Abortion takes the lives of 2,600 precious unborn lives every single day. Our tax dollars should no longer go to fund America’s largest abortion business.
We are positioned like never before to defund Planned Parenthood. CLICK HERE to add your name to the SBA List petition to stop giving taxpayer dollars to Planned Parenthood.
- Burkons is responsible for 41 percent of all complications from medication abortions in Ohio - the highest in the state - according to reporting forms filed with the Medical Board of Ohio in 2013.
- Burkons worked with abortionist and convicted child molester Thomas Michaelis at several locations, including the Capital Care Network abortion facility in Cuyahoga Falls until it was ordered closed in 2013 by the Ohio Department of Health and the U.S. Drug and Alcohol Administration for multiple health, safety and drug violations. (Read the full article from LifeSiteNews about the closing by clicking here.)
- After Michaelis was convicted of child pornography charges, Burkons took over operation of the Capital Care Network abortion facility in Toledo which Michaelis had operated. This facility has a long history of failed inspections and more, has been ordered to close by the Ohio Department of Health primarily because of a lack of a valid transfer agreement, and is currently in operation only because of a court intervention. (To read documentation about this facility, click here.)
- Burkons is the medical director at Preterm abortion center in Cleveland, supervising the operations there, including in March 2014 when 22 year old Lakisha Wilson died during an alleged late term abortion. Despite the release of whistle blower documents which point to falsification of medical records at Preterm, there has yet to be any criminal indictments.
- Burkons took over the lease and re-opened the closed Cuyahoga Falls Capital Care Network in 2015 under the new name of Northeast Ohio Women's Center, keeping the same phone number, and apparently much of the old operation without addressing the violations for which the old location was closed. ODH inspection reports which were released when his original ambulatory surgical facility license was denied indicated the presence of expired drugs and testing kits initialed by staff of the closed Capital Care Network.
Richard Hodge, Director,
Columbus, OH 43215